13262538

my solicitor divulged my address to my ex even though she

hi my solicitor divulged my address to my ex even though she was not suppose to. I had moved county with police support and now as soon as this information has come to light I have moved a small distance again. I am putting a complaint through the principal solicitor however if this is not resolved then I will go and complain to the legal ombudsman. where does my solicitor stand in this. can she lose her legal practice certificate. will the firm receive a fine. in the past my solicitor has made minor mistake like sending othe rpeoples details to me but I have never made an issue but to give my address in error is not acceptable. how severe is this error and if this gets to legal ombudsman what can happen to my solicitor

my solicitor have accepted their mistake and just apologized and not offered any compensation

I feel my address is a big issue as I am under matak I moved through police support and there has been history of domestic violence and my ex has threatened to kill me.

I feel this is a major error from my solicitor, I want to know if this gets to the legalombudsman what would their action be and how would it affect my solicitor

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
This is a serious breach of client confidentiality and it is likely that the Solicitors will face a reprimand and an Order to pay you compensation to cover your out of pocket expenses relating to the breach