13262538

We married nearly 5 years ago, but my husband is "playing around"

We married nearly 5 years ago, but my husband is "playing around" I haven't confronted him about it yet, but if the worst happened can he claim half the property? I have owned the property since 2000 I paid it off 2 years after we were married with money my mother left me, it's in my sole name, he has never contributed to any household bills only some shopping, he did contribute £15,000 towards an extension but when I had my mothers money I bought him a car and paid off all his credit cards totaling about £40,000, I have proof of this, I have two children at home aged 15 and 17 and I have always said the house is theirs, so I don't want to lose it.
How long have you actually been living together?
How much is the property worth and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, Seven ana half years living together, my income about 11/12 thousand, my husband 10/11 thousand, property worth about £160,000.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Please send me a answer, I have mistakenly paid twice as I'm not used to a I-pads, sorry I did'nt get straight back to the question but I did'nt realise a question was there,
My apologies for the delay
Yours is a relationship on the shorter side of medium and whilst your husband does have a claim on the Matrimonial home - but not 50% of anything close
The fact that the mortgage was paid off with your Inheritance and that you paid off all his debts will further reduce his potential claim - with a possible settlement figure of 10-15% of the equity if that.
If the matter does go forward you should offer to discuss matters with him using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline
to reach an agreed settlement
Please ask if you need further details