13262538

, my partner has a problem with his 15 year old daughter,

Customer Question

Hi, my partner has a problem with his 15 year old daughter, I was wondering if I could ask you for some advice please. Since she was 14 and 3/4 she has been dating an older boy who was 20, he is now 21 and she almost 16 the relationship has been allowed to develop even though he lives in the Isle of Man and he would stay over here at her mums and she would also stay at his with his parents, we have just found out recently they have been allowed to sleep in the same beds. they are planning to go to spain together in July this year and when her gcse are finished she is planning to live with him and his parents and start college in the isle of man, my partner has had no idea this has been going on in this way and is desperate to stop her going. my question is can he and what are the legalilities and what can he do. thank you in advance for you help
When will she turn 16?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare, she will be 16 on 17 May thanks Julie

I have to be realistic with you.
Whilst I fully understand your partner's concerns about this and the moral behaviour of both sets of parents is certainly questionable, there is nothing that he can do about his daughter's future plans as once she is 16 it is her decision - and the courts will not intervene.
It would be better to approach this by way of discussions regarding the practicalities - and worse case scenario planning
I appreciate that this is not what you hoped for - but legally your partner has very little power at this stage
Please ask if you need further details