13262538

As a husband of 42 years, could i claim half of my wife in

As a husband of 42 years, could i claim half of my wife inheritance.
Could you explain a little more about the circumstances behind the question please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wife says im not letting you have an of my money, that mine only.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wife says its her money, and she dose not have to share it with me.

How much has she inherited and when?
What other assets do you each have?
Are you intending to divorce her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

£2000,000 with in the next 6 months,

no assets, rented house,

no.

I am afraid that it is indeed her money and you cannot insist that she shares it with you
However in the event of a divorce the fact that there are no other assets would mean that your wife would be Ordered to give you a lump sum from her inheritance - not 50% or anything similar - but a share none the less
I appreciate that this is not the news you wanted, but please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wot would u say the lump sum would be, and who would have to pay court cost, in a divorce, just give aprox cost.

You would each have to pay your own court costs - there is no way of working out how high this would be - but the court fees alone come to £450 for the divorce itself.
She might be ordered to pay you between 10% and 20% of the assets she has at the time of the divorce