Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Background: Mother and Father separated four weeks ago.

Customer Question

Background:
Mother and Father separated four weeks ago.
Father took out a prohibited steps order (PSO) to prevent the children to be taken to Africa (understandable given the circumstances and fear).
Both parents have now agreed that:
- the father will give consent to travel and share appropriate details of arrangements
- take steps to remove the PSO via the courts
The dispute:
- the father contends that for the PSO to be removed/lifted and passports releases the mother MUST agree to a Child Contact Order (access and contact arrangements covering weekends, weekdays, stays, christmas etc) and saying the court insists this is the case
- The mother is of the view that these items will need to be agreed but is not a condition for removing the PSO. if both parents agree and the children welfare is ok then the courts will remove the PSO and the mother is free to travel.
Question:
1. What are the conditions for the removal of the PSO and release of passports
2. Do they both need to agree (and document and sign) a full agreement of childcare arrangements or not?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
All that is required for the Order to be lifted is for the father to agree to it.
There is no requirement for all the other issues to be dealt with before this happens
Please ask if you need further details