Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Clare, I am going through a infidelity split and I have

Customer Question

Hi Clare, I am going through a infidelity split and I have decided that I am not able to accept or deal with it. Problem is we have children and joint morgages on two properties. I have asked him to leave and he refuses, stating that I should be the one to leave.
As I only work part time I can not afford to take on the mortgage of this home, but my concern is that I will have to move to the other home with is 20 miles away from the childrens school and I will incur additional travel cost which will make our living tight. Is he suppose to provide some finacial assistance for us , and will I still be liable for the Mortgage on the other home as would he on the home we move too?
How long have you lived together and how old are the children?
How much are the houses worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgages?