13262538

I have a question about Form E, financial statement, it will

I have a question about Form E, financial statement, it will require a little online dialog, is any body read for this
What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is about part 2.2 'my interest in property'.. there are 2 houses

house 1, where my wife lives, I am the only legal owner; total equity in the property is £203800. We have separated since June 2012, but I have paid and paying the mortgage, can I claim that my interest in the property is 50% of £203800 plus all the mortgage payments I made after separation which amounts to £12950

No Your interest in the property is the Equity in total since you are the sole owner.
If you were joint owners you would claim 50% of the equity.
You cannot claim any of the mortgage payments I am afraid
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so, you are saying that I should NOT, at least in the form, recognise the fact that it is our family home, which we bought and maintained together, and it just happened that the bank conditioned the mortgage by the requirement that I should be the only legal owner?

Was it always agreed that this was a joint purchase - if so then you shoudl only claim half of the value.
To be frank it is of little relevance since the court will assume a 50/50 share in any event
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what is your advice will I need a solicitor to go to the 'finance' hearings..or I will manage on my own, as I did with the child arrangements

If you managed the children hearing there is no reason why you cannot mange the financial hearings assuming that you clearly understand the process and the options available to you