13262538

My sons little boy lives in England with his mother (sons ex)

Customer Question

My sons little boy lives in England with his mother (sons ex) my son lives in Scotland. The ex is threatening that she will stop all access with his son and my son is willing to go to court over custody. He is getting married in 4 weeks and is worried that his little boy will not be able to be there. Does he have any rights to ensure that his child will be there on his wedding day?
What is the current pattern of contact and why is his ex now saying this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare
He stays with my son during the school holidays and every 2/3 weekends or so. She is saying this now because someone reported her to social services for something and she thinks it's someone in Scotland who has been the reporter. She is angry and lashing out.
My son travels about 200 miles to collect his son and bring him to Scotland then travels back to drop him off again, every time.
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this
If your son has been having regular contact until now then it is likely that this will be continued by the court.
Whether this can be sorted in time for the Wedding is harder to say.
Your son needs to make an Urgent appointment with a Family Mediator
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
Even if his ex will not co-operate this will give your son the form she needs to make an application to the Court for an urgent Specific Issue Order regarding the wedding and a Child Arrangement Order ro protect the general contact
Please ask if you need further details