13262538

My son had a contact order to see his daughter but at the last

My son had a contact order to see his daughter but at the last court hearing withdraw from any more court dealings as his ex partner was making his life hell! Does the last contact order still stand and can he now go back to court? If so how does he do this? By the way his ex partner moved away and never informed him where she is so he has been unable to contact him?
Lynda
When was the last Order made - and what was the last hearing meant to be about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Last order was made 27th February and included that the application shall be listed for review and further directions on 26th June. This is the date that my son withdraw his application due to the hassle he was getting.

Lynda

Do you mean last week or last year, and what does the Order say regarding contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was 2013 and the order stated that the respondent mother shall make the child available for contact with the applicant father as follows:

Week 1 - Thursday from 3.30pm to 6.30pm commencing 28th February 2013 and

Week 2 on Sunday from 12 noon to 6pm commencing 10th March 2013 such further/alternative contact that the parties agree and contact at paragraph 1 of this order is subject to the condition that there will be no direct or indirect contact between Teagan and the Paternal Grandparents - which means ourselves! We have also been told that we can't apply again until 1st July 2016.

Handovers - for contact on Thursdays the applicant father shall collect Teagan from the mothers address (she was living near at this time) and for contact on Sundays to collect Teagan from the Bell Fountain Public House Car Park in Wigston (where we have since found out she is living there) or near Leicester

tigers Car Park and shall return at the end of the contact to the respondents address.

Lynda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've not received a reply to my last post! Can you tell me when to expect one?

Lynda

My apologies for the delay.
What contact has your son had in the last three months?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None at all mainly due to the fact he didn't know where she was living until a couple of weeks ago.

Lynda

For clarity - when did he last see the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About a year and half ago just before she disappeared with no known address!

Lynda

Although the Contact is still valid the lengthy gap in contact means that no court will be willing to enforce it
The wisest way forward for your son is to try and discuss matters with his ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
and if/when that fails make an application for a new Child Arrangement Order rather than to enforce the existing Order as this will be more cost effective
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help! However my son tried to go to meditation before but she wouldn't have anything to do with it! We have recently written her three letters in the last few weeks but she hasn't replied to any of them. Sorry to ask another question but is it form C100 we need to complete?

Lynds

He must attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting before he takes any further action - they will give him the correctly endorsed C100
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years