13262538

I have a 3 yr old son, his father has access to see him

Customer Question

Hi I have a 3 yr old son, his father has access to see him twice a week that is in a court order wed 12 to 5
sat 10 to 5 plus an overnight every second saturday, he has just started work in november for the first time since my son was born he tells me he has to work shifts but will not give me his shift patten, this is affecting my sons access days and i cannot believe his father is telling me the correct information about his work rota so my question is would i be allowed to find out from the prison service what his rotas are as it is for the welfare of my son for me to know his father is there to look after him
How is the shift pattern effecting Contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

His shifts are happening on a weekend and he is missing overnights he has just missed a solid month and I'm not sure as to weather he is using work as an excuse to miss contact.

Does he ask for alternative contact at other time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Sadly you cannot force him to have contact if he does not wish to - and you cannot ask the Prison Service for details of his employment
If he was asking for alternative contact instead of the set times then it would be reasonable for you to ask for evidence of the shifts - but since he is not then sadly there is nothing that you can do
Obviously if in future he wishes to resume weekends it would also be reasonable to ask for evidence that the recent problems were work related
Please ask if you need further details