13262538

My partner bought a house in her sole name. I made certain

My partner bought a house in her sole name. I made certain financial contributions in the form of gifts and do not claim or want any beneficial ownership.
My ex-wife is trying to establish that I do have beneficial ownership just by virtue of me sending money to my partner.
Does she have a case? What docs can I sign to make very clear that I do not have an interest or claim and that all amounts should be deemed gifts?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The simple fact is that you DO have a potential claim whether or not you wish to take the claim up.
The real issue is what relevance this is to the case being considered by the court - which is about a downward variation of maintenance and not a capital settlement
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how could her solicitors build an argument to make this part of the case (you are right in that it is not about capital, which was settled before in the consent order)

The only argument I can see is that they will say that in fact your income has not decreased at all - you have simply decided to give some of your capital away in an attempt to minimise your liability to your ex