13262538

Good morning,I am a married man of 13 years with an eleven

Good morning,
I am a married man of 13 years with an eleven year old daughter. My wife and I haven't been seeing eye to eye for many years, and have effectively not have had an intimate relationship for around 5 years. Last year I had enough, and found another woman, beginning an "affair" with her, although I didn't it consider it as one, given the state of my marriage. However, being careless, my wife found out and read several emails that we had exchanged, and saved them to her own account. She is now threatening me with sole custody. If I wish to divorce, how will this situation affect me, vis-a-vis my daughter, should we end up in front of a judge?
Many thanks in advance.
Which part of the Uk are you in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning Clare,

I am in Leicester right now.

Henry

In the Uk the law states that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
At 13 it will be up to your daughter what time she spends with each of you - and you will of course retain Parental Responsibility and the right to be involved in all aspects of your daughters life
I hope that this is of assistance- please ask if you need further details