13262538

my 13yr old granddaughter is living with me at the moment because

my 13yr old granddaughter is living with me at the moment because she says her mother is nasty to her. The multi agency team are involve but they say its a civil matter .
My concern is that she can be taken from me anytime her mother demans her back what legal rights to I have.
How long has she been with you and what are Social Services already involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chelsea has been with me since last Monday.

Chelsea had spoken to school and they got the involved to talk and help Chelsea. At first Chelsea wouldn't tell them everything but over the last few weeks she has told them of the nasty things she does.

They have said to me that their priority is that Chelsea is safe and that the are happy that she is with me.

Elaine

Has her mother threatened to force her to return?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not yet but at present refusing to have a meeting to try and sort all this out. Originally I thought Chelsea could stay with us and meet her mum for short spells and hopefully her mum would go for anger management then we could gradually increase visits until everyone was happy that Chelsea was safe with her mum permanent but if she isn't prepared to meet then what can we do .
Elaine
In that case you may need to apply for an emergency Child arrangement Order stating that the child lives with you so that you have a form of Parental Responsibility for the child and can consent to medical treatment and deal with the school.
You should try and discuss matters with your daughter using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
But if that fails you will need to make the application to the court.
Given her age it is the wishes of your grand daughter which will determine what happens
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I need a solicitor or can I do it with out if I can where do I start and where would I get the forms from
You can indeed deal with it yourself - the starting point is to contact a local Family mediator
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would a family mediator take Chelsea wishes in to consideration over her mother even thou she is only 13
It is the Court that makes the decision if no agreement can be made, and yes at 13 your grand daughters wishes would be decisive