13262538

I left my mentally unstable husband of 30 years in June 2013

I left my mentally unstable husband of 30 years in June 2013 after years of putting up with paranoid jealousy and controlling tendencies, and only took my personal belongings with me. After several disturbing incidents including stalking, unwanted notes, waiting for me in the dark etc. I eventually called the police to prevent his fourth suicide attempt but still have not prosecuted as I know he needs professional help but refuses to accept that he has a problem. He is now threatening to bankrupt me by suing me for half the rental and council tax and half of an inheritance from my mother (which was my means of escape) can he do this or is it yet another rant to deal with?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your suspicion is correct - it is just another rant to deal with.
Assuming that you are no longer living in the property he can not claim any of the rent from you and the only proceedings within which he could try and claim any part of your inheritance would be within the financial side of divorce proceedings
(and even then it is unlikely he would succeed)
Please ask if you need further details