13262538

can my ex partner move away (5 hours) with my son after we

Customer Question

can my ex partner move away (5 hours) with my son after we have verbally agreed shared care and not to move more than half an hour away. My partner looks after him Mon, Tues & Weds and I look after him every Thurs & Fri then we alternate weekends. This arrangement has been in place since our split at the end of May 2014. We do not have any formal custody arrangement only what has been verbally agreed and been in place since we split. I pay my ex £300 per month towards care for my son as has him one extra day in the week.
Hopefully you can help.
Shaan
How old is your son and when is the move planned for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My son is 7 turning 8 in April. There is no date set for move.

In view of the Shared Care arrangement if your ex wishes to move away she will need either your agreement or an order from the court
If she does indicate that she is making real plans to move then you may need to apply for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent it whilst the court decides what shoudl happen in the long term
Without an overwhelmingly good reason for the move it is unlikely that the court will agree it.
Please ask if you need further details