Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My ex- partner and I split 12 years ago. We have a 13 year

Customer Question

My ex- partner and I split 12 years ago. We have a 13 year old daughter. We made an out of court agreement with our solicitors that I was to sign over my part of the house ( a very expensive house) to my partner and that she would not ask for Child Support as long as I made no contact with our daughter or see her. This was very painful to do but it was agreed.
I have now received paperwork from Child support asking for money for now and possibly will be asked for money for the last 12 years.
Will I need to take my ex to court as she has gone against the signed agreement that was made between our solicitors and do I have a case?
Which part of the Uk are you in and do you have a copy of the Court Order that secured this agreement?
What makes you believe that the claim is to be backdated?
How old is the child now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,
I am based in London and do have my paperwork from my solicitors. This was settled out of court between my partner's solicitors and mine. It was partner's solicitors who proposed that I sign over the house and that if I did that I would not be asked for child maintenance
The reason why I think I will be asked for backdated money is that my ex is unfortunately not someone I can trust and this would be the sort of thing that she would do.
Our daughter is now 13.
Thankyou
When did you agree to this - and did you actually use a specialist family lawyer based here in the Uk?