13262538

my son and his partner have two sons aged 9 and 7 years old.

my son and his partner have two sons aged 9 and 7 years old. his partner is threatening to take the children and move out, she is Lebanese. they are both schoolteachers jointly own a property subject to a joint mortgage. There are no particular problems between them although his partner seems to nave anger management problems. Both children are very happy and doing well at school. My son has suggested counselling but this has been not been agreed to.
Can the children be taken from home and in particular taken abroad without my sons agreement and what would be his rights regarding the children and the property if the partnership broke up.
I asked this question on appx 6 March but no response as yet, credit card not debited and my questions page says that I not asked a question yet
Are they married - and is your son named on the birth certificates?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt reply, they are not married and my son is named as the father on both birth certificates.

***** *****

Neither parent can remove the children from the UK without the agreement of the other Parent or an Order from the Court.
Having said that the fact that the Lebanon is not an easy country to recover the children from means that your son shoudl definitely discuss the position with the Charity Reunite
www.reunite.org
However either parent can take the children else where to live in the event of a separation
In general terms parents are expected to agree between them how children will share their time between them following separation - using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk if necessary.
Only is no agreement can be reached can an application be made to the court.
Your son can read more on the website
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details