13262538

, I think I need to apply provision, in

Customer Question

I think I need to apply for Financial provision, in order to move home. I live in the family home with my daughter and son. The father of my daughter lives somewhere else and has regular contact. He is very wealthy. I have a low income and no savings. I need to move home to be nearer my elderly parents. This will not affect contact. I have researched the cost of a home in that area and can not afford one with my share of the proceeds of the sale of the family home I live in. I am a third owner and it is worth about £650,000. A three bedroomed house in the area costs between £375 and £500 and if we were to live in the manner we are accustomed this would be substantially higher.
I can not get a mortgage as I am on a low income and am self-employed.
I do wish to co-habit in future, but the person i wish to cohabit with has no capital and has not been able to secure a mortgage based on low income.
Have you looked at Shared Home ownership schemes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. No. I don't know what this is. Maybe you could explain. Thank you.
You can read about Shared Home ownership schemes here
https://www.gov.uk/affordable-home-ownership-schemes/shared-ownership-schemes
If that is not applicable then you face a serious problem.
To start with you will certainly need to look at the lowest prices - your comment about your current lifestyle will not be relevant in these circumstances since you could stay where you are if you chose - a point your ex will make
In addition the fact that you wish to cohabit simply makes it almost impossible to secure the extra financial provision you are looking for.
I am sorry not to give better news - but whilst you could try your chances of success are less than 50/50
Please ask if you need further details