Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Since my Decree Absolute I have applied to transfer my mortgage

Customer Question

Since my Decree Absolute I have applied to transfer my mortgage from joint account to sole account holder but was rejected. Therefore I sold my other property and pay off the mortgage for my matrimonial property (still under joint account). The bank has now removed their charge.
Now I need to ensure that my ex does not have any rights to the property but he is refusing to complete a TR1 form (since we bought the property under joint ownership). Does he still have any rights if has agree to transfer his share of the matrimonial property in the consent order? Could I remove his name from the Land registry without his permission? Could you advise me on the process?
Was the Consent order sealed by the court and what specifically does it say about the property?