13262538

In the variation application: how likely is it that I am asked

In the variation application: how likely is it that I am asked to pay for my exwife's cost? How does this depend on whether I lose?
Thank you for your question and for asking for me.
The court will only make a costs order if you behave badly within the court process - ignoring time limits and causing extra hearings and expense
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is irrespective of whether my application will be granted in the end?

Yes - provided the court does nor decide that the application was manifestly unwinnable - and even then a Costs order is still unlikely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok -

yet, during the FDA the judge entered a 'cost in the application' para in the order governing the answering of the questionnaires

That is not meaningful?

That merely keeps the options open