Dear Clare . I do not wish to sell the home until I have a clear idea of what my income will be post divorce. Also I will need to move far away from my current location in the London area because I will not be able to afford to live here . I also have to buy a property that can accommodate my son at least temporarily . I also have a small part time job locally that pays me £300 per month. I am 54 and i do not think that I will be able to get a mortgage.
Dear Clare. I did offer to divorce her for adultery to expedite the proceedings so that we could resolve the situation earlier but she refuses to accept that her new situation counts as adultery ? She wants to wait the two years so that we can use separation . Although things are reasonably amicable we have not talked much and I only know whats in her mind when my son comes back from visiting her in a distraught state. I don't think she wants to issue the petition . I am very wary of taking on another property until I have at least some idea of her intentions in respect of my pension. Am I right in thinking that she can cannot expect to obtain more than 50 % of our assets as we have no dependent children. If this is the case I will at least have a baseline to work from. Thank you
Thank you Clare you have been most helpful, one last question that will help me to consider my next move. Should my wife petition me for divorce as you suggest or if she looks into forcing the sale under property law . Roughly how long will such proceedings take ? I am not about to force the issue with her as my daughter is about to give birth in the next week and I do not want to cause any further family friction at this precise time but this information may be important to me. I could indeed divorce my wife for unreasonable behavior, I certainly have good grounds. We were married for 32 years have two great kids and grandchildren and although the whole situation is sad I am trying not to make things worse whilst protecting myself and my son's future at the same time. Thank you
I was very pleased with the service and thanks again . I have informed my wife of the information you supplied me with . I have made her a suggestion as to an offer of settlement of our divorce based on the two year separation that she has requested rather than accepting a Divorce sooner, (either way) based on the other required grounds and supplied her with various examples of projected incomes, our prospective pensions and equity split. She has promised to consider them once she has sought advice of her own. I am still hoping that we can come to a private equitable arrangement and while we are able to communicate I am hopeful of achieving this before resorting to legal intervention.