Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my daughters ex boyfriend is stopping my daughter from seeing

Customer Question

my daughters ex boyfriend is stopping my daughter from seeing her daughter ,she is legal guardian and everytime she wants to see her daughter he disappears with her and will not tell he where he is ,there has been no court order for custody and he is abusive to my daughter in front of my grandaughter ,he is mentally controlling and leaves her with his mother who is an alcoholic is there any right for my daughter to go up to her old flat and to take her daughter back to wales where she is staying with my sister
How old is the child and when did the mother last see her?
When did they separate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the child is nearly 2 years old and my daughter went on a 2 week holiday to see her aunt ,she wanted to take her daughter but he would not let her take her daughter he has now told he doeas not want her back and that he will not let her see her daughter

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have replied

How long is it since your daughter last saw the child?
How has the care of the child been shared between the parents in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my daughter,saw the child 2 weeks ago,it has not been shared he will not let her see the child he keeps on leaving the flat and will not say where he is and will not bring the child back for my daughter to see her

Sorry - I was asking about who had the day to day care of the child prior to your daughter going away?
Does her partner work?
If so where does he leave the child during that time?
Has your daughter ever gone away without the child before?
Clare.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my daughter has the day to day care of the child,her ex partner does work but he finishes work early so he can come home because he is convinced she will not be there when he gets back ,she has given him no inclination she would not be there,my daughter would like to take her child with her when she visits her family in wales to see her grandparents but he just takes the child and does not tell here where he is and refuses to give the child to my daughter when she wants to visit,she has no choice to leave the child there because he disappears with her daughter and will not come back until she has gone,when he is working and my daughter is visiting her family he leaves her in the care of his alcoholic mother who my daughter dislikes this,my daughter just wants whats best ,he will not let her speak with her daughter on the phone and swears at her while the child is there,he is constantly asking money from my daughter and gets nasty when she questions him on where the money is going ,she has given him 420 pounds in the last week and still he is constantly asking her for money,what he is doing witht he money we do not know,my daughter is the childs mother and the legal guardian,please help in this matter

Will he let her see the child if he goes back to London?