Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Me and my husband was only married in sep 2014 since nov 2014

Customer Question

Me and my husband was only married in sep 2014 since nov 2014 we have been separated. Since meeting him ive been suffering from seizures due to mental stress and the police are involved.  Him and his family basically deserted me without any financial support even though he knew I had lost my previous job due to the seizures and hospital appointments.  He kept shutting me out refusing to talk to me and to see me having full control over the whole situation.  His background is muslim and I am Catholic.  In January he wanted us to try and reconcile so he told me to try and patch things up with his parents.  Once I tried to talk to his parents he then changed his mind again. Then there was no contact. This week I received a letter from a solicitor which I know is a family member from his side. He is claiming unreasonable behaviour on my side only because I wanted to go out for a few hours with him after work so that me and him could get some alone time as we were living with his family. The letter is asking for me to pay for half his legal costs even though he is the one who wants a divorce.  Which I don't believe I should have to pay.  Also it states that he cant file for a divorce yet as we've not been married a year. I need to know what I can do now.  Also I feel that this letter was not done professionally as it was sent in normal post and delivered to the wrong address. Do I need to pay any of his legal costs and what can I do now.
Do you wish there to be a divorce to end the marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey

I wanted us to try counselling or something to get him help as he has serious trust Issues. But he hasn't given us a chance and has been very childish. If he wants a divorce I feel like I have no choice but to give it to him as he's asking for the divorce as I don't want to be dragged to court etc. I do question the authenticity of the solicitors letter as its from his relative who is a solicitor.

Does the letter actually set out the allegations that he will rely on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It says he could not find any other grounds apart from unreasonable behaviour. This is because he has no real reason for the divorce. The letter states he wants half of his costs for filing. It will only be a year in sept since we married so don't understand what costs he is even trying to claim. The letter probably didn't cost him anything as its his own family solicitor.

Does it actually give any details about what he will say?