Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Can my ex husband demand that I take the children to a services

Customer Question

Can my ex husband demand that I take the children to a services to be picked up and dropped off once a month. I am refusing to do this as it is only once a month and I have a new business to run the children are in after school care until 6pm I have suggested he picks them up there and drops off at home on sunday evening. He is refusing to pick up and drop of the children at home. He has moved a good 4 hours away south and I have moved 1 hour north of our original family home. Communications have totally broken down I am at my witts end it is getting really nasty he was supposed to collect last week but was stuck in traffic I have said that he cannot let the kids down and must pick up from home or not at all. The children are 7 and 4 and should not be expected to sit at a services for hours waiting for him surely. We went to mediation initially but he informed me that this was not binding anyway when he lost his job. He is now working again but I had to go to CMS. I don't want any contact with him at all. I just want a solid arrangement for the children. He is threatening custody and although I can't prove it made and anonymous allegation against my partner to social services I am devastated as it seems he will stop at nothing to hurt and cause pain..
My name is Clare I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is there a Court Order for contact?
How far has he asked you to take them?