13262538

, my husband and I divorced in 2001, at the time, we had

Hi, my husband and I divorced in 2001, at the time, we had an amicable relationship and he was still being a good father to our 2 young children...I agreed at the time not to take half his pension against the advice of my solicitor. In 2004 he met a woman who lived abroad and stopped seeing the children on the regular basis he had agreed to. In 2006, he moved abroad, so all the agreements we had with the children...which I considered the most important were no longer valid. He has maintained regular maintenance payments and sparse contact with his children, but I feel he broke his side of the contract and was not consistent regarding seeing his children. Now I'm thinking about future grand children he won't be bothered about either...is there any way you can change a financial agreement?
Can I assume that the agreement was set out in a Consent Order which was sealed by the Court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes...it was a settlement which meant my husband paid off the mortgage of £100.000 and kept on (lived in) another property we owned together which was then put in his name only as this property had collateral of around £50.000 at the time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Sadly the grounds one which you can challenge a Consent Order are very very limited - usually the fact that assets had been hidden.
I am afraid that there is no basis on which you can now change the financial arrangements
You can only hold on to the fact that it is in the end his loss.
Sorry to give bad news - please ask if you need further details