Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My ex partner of over 15months is still recently again using

My ex partner of over 15months is still recently again using my address for his post
What can I do?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Do you believe that he is using the address for some unlawful purpose - i.e. so that he can claim he is living there to obtain benefits or some other advantage - or is this simply a case of his using the address as a correspondence address please?

Joshua :

Does the property belong to or is it rented by you solely or does he have an interest in the property as well?

JACUSTOMER-9dqrfs41- : I own the property solely. I don't understand after he moved out to a rented house why he would have to keep using my address. Now he has moved away why is the post started to be sent again.?
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you advise me what to do?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Do you believe that he is using the address for some unlawful purpose - i.e. so that he can claim he is living there to obtain benefits or some other advantage - or is this simply a case of his using the address as a correspondence address please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
joshua what should I do next?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
thank you. If your ex-partner is using your address for general correspondence purposes, one of the simplest approaches you can take is to simply draw a line throught your address on envelopes received an write "return to sender - adressee no longer lives at this address" and post in a post box.

this will have the effect of returning the envelope to the sender assuming there is a senders address, which almost all business mail has printed on the envelope. Once received, the organisation in question will typically update its database and no longer send correspondence to that address. If the correspondences bank or insurance related correspondence, they have strict rules they must follow in this respect in order to prevent fraud and will attend to this very astutely.

The above is a quick and practical way to quickly reduce the amount of correspondence you are receiving.

If you believe your partner is using your address in order to claim benefits, you can contact your local authority and provide them with information you have in this respect. They will use this information to decide on future benefit payments on whether to claim back any unlawfully claims payments and then prosecute your ex-partner if they find that he has provided false information in order to obtain benefits.
Joshua, Lawyer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already before sent post back many times including a lot of tax letters. It seems rather bizarre that the post is starting again to be delivered to my address again?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
It is possible to seek an injunction in the County Court against your partner requiring him to cease and desist using your address for service correspondence however this entails a court application with court fees and production are evidenced by you and accordingly, the overwhelming majority of people therefore prefer the practical solution of simply returning correspondence to sender on the basis of usually has the above effect which in practice should reduce correspondence significantly. organisations such as HMRC and banks etc take notice of returned letters particularly and this should stop swiftly.
Expert:  Jody-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/family-law/905d2-ex-partner-15months-recently-again-using.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.