Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I was married in Scotland and have been living separately from

I was married in Scotland and have been living separately from my husband for 5 years and he is refusing to agree to divorce. We still own a property in Scotland but we have not lived in it together for over 5 years. The house is in my name and is for sale. What are my options?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Where do each of you stay, Scotland or where?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am Maltese and returned back to Malta in August 2008 and since then we have lived apart. I have no address of where he is living but has spent the past 3 years in Dubai.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I have to advise you that Scotland has no jurisdiction in relation to divorce or family law matters.
You can sell the house. Whether your husband has a claim or whatever your legal position is from a matrimonial point of view would have to be determined in another country.
Happy to discuss further.