Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My brother is power of attorney mother , can he invest

Customer Question

My brother is power of attorney for my mother , can he invest some of her money into buying another house to rent out to bring more income in for her ? The house will be in her name only but rented out
Who will be living in the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We could rent it to the public or could our son rent it ? But go through proper channels as get it valued to rent and rent through a proper letting agent , so everything is above board and no seeing to favouring anyone
What percentage of her capital would be used?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On part of my mother estate she owns 5 acres of land which has outline planning to build houses but the whole estate in total is worth £2.4million, we require £450k of the vlaue of the building land which is valued at 1.8 million , to reinvest in a property in her name only and to rent to one of the family
H
is that land being sold?
Are there just the two of you as siblings
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are 4 siblings and the land is in the process of being sold
Given the amounts involved would it be fair to say that there is no desperate requirement to maximise her income?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The building land we know is going to be devided between the four siblings on the death of our mother, would it be not possible to buy a house and rent out above board before she dies ? Then could we have our share of the land through the house afterwards ?
The crucial question that ha sto be asked is this
how would this benefit your mother?