13262538

My ex-wife and I have been separated a year - she

My ex-wife and I have been separated for almost a year - she has asked me to admit to adultery even though I have not to push through a divorce. How does this effect me
Why does she want a swift divorce - and has she agreed to pay the costs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are selling the family home and is moving about 45 miles away. She has said it will mean a quick divorce will be an easier break. My concerns are we have 2 young children and it will (a) effect any rights I have with them and (b) if I legally say I commited adultery it will be used against me with them in the future. I did not commit adultery in any way - I have started to see someone but this was 8 months after we separated and 4 months after we agreed to divorce. She`s not mentioned costs

Andrew

Agreeing to a divorce based on Adultery will not effect your position regarding the children - or indeed regarding the finances.
The only issue that you need to resolve is who will pay for the costs, as usually the "guilty" party has to do so.
Accordingly you should put o writing that you will only agree to a divorce base don Adultery if no claim is made for costs.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details