13262538

Mum & Dad own half their property each (tenants in common I

Mum & Dad own half their property each (tenants in common I think), mum passes away, and leaves her shares in trust to 3 sons. Do we need to advise the Land Registry of this?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes the property should be transferred into the names of your father and the three sons.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for the reply, however the Land Registry people said it wasn't required as there was no monitory value involved (I think said it was just an equity issue).

So now I am very confused is it advisable, obligatory or simply saving time at a later time?

Sorry if this seems to question your answer but just wanted a slightly more detailed reasoning?

Just to check - there is no mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.

I am not sure why the Land Registry said this UNLESS you said it was the only reason you would need to obtain Probate
Of course it can wait - everything can, but it will make matters more complicated (and time consuming) as and when the house does have to be sold
However there is no penalty to pay if you choose NOT to do this