13262538

, My ex husband and I divorced over a year ago, we have

My ex husband and I divorced over a year ago, we have a mobile park home which we paid in a lump sum of £81.000 roughly about 3 years ago and is still in joint ownership in my last name. I have now remarried and I would like some form of share from our Divorce proceedings which I have stated in numerous emails to my ex husband but he chooses to ignore them saying he owes me nothing, but my divorce paper was not ticked regarding our settlement so I assumed that our settlement would be for us to sort out amicably as either a buy me out option or sell the property, I just want a little part of what I think is fair like a sum of £30.000 since I allowed him to stay there in good will and virtually all of my possessions and household goods were left behind, I cannot afford a solicitor at the moment and I don't want to leave it too long as I am worried I will miss my opportunity in gaining some sort of fair deal . . .
Kind regards,
Dawn Goldstraw . . .
How much is the park home now worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know, but probably about 120.000

Kind regards,

Dawn . . .

How was the purchase funded?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We paid cash which was funded from the sale of our last property ...

Regards,

Dawn.

The fact that you have remarried is a serious problem as you can no longer make any claims within the divorce.
However you do still have a claim for your share of all assets held in joint names which does of course include the Mobile Home.
The other problem is that this is not property as such and accordingly you will simply have to sue your ex for a sum representing your share using Money claim online
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

I have to strongly state that our mobile Park home at the time wasn't any tin caravan and not made of tin at all, we had it refurbished and it's size was pretty substantial believe me with a big kitchen and a proper sizable lounge with plenty of storage space, even bigger where I live now, I was very proud of it ...

It's made of good quality material and just looked like a bungalow only it had one wheel hidden under it's flooring from when it was transported when it was new ...

But I thankyou for your good advise, I just really needed you to be clear on what type of home it was so please forgive me. I will write to you again soon. Thankyou very much, I appreciated everything you have given me ...

Kind regards,

Dawn . . .

I am sorry - I should have been much clearer - it is not the quality of the home - Property Law relates to Land ownership not what is upon it!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thankyou very much. I will contact you again.

Dawn.