13262538

I am a single father, how much am I entitled to see or look

I am a single father, how much am I entitled to see or look after my daughter?
How old is the child and how has her care been share between you to date
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She is 3, at the moment she stays at my house every other Saturday from 5pm until 12pm Sunday morning and I have been seeing her every other evening round her mum's house for about 2 hours, but now her mum doesn't want me coming round in the evenings but she said I can have her stay at my house every other Saturday as usual and 1 night in the week aswell and drop her off early morning before work, so I believe I will be seeing her less now and it would be nice to have her longer at weekends but not sure what I'm entitled to, thank you

Have you asked for two nights at the weekend?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, she said she didn't want that, she did say I could pick her up at 12pm on Saturday through till 12pm Sunday but only if I didn't have her overnight in the week, I know some people that have their child from Friday night through till Sunday night which is why I'm wondering I may be missing out on time with her

Since every family and every child is different there is no set pattern of contact that fits all.
In general it is assumed and hoped that parents can agree on how the child can spend time with each of them - using Family Mediation if need be
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
However if there is an "average" pattern of contact it is usually alternate weekends friday to sunday one evening/night in the week and up to half of all school holidays
You need to try and discuss matter using Mediation - if that fails then you can apply to the court - but there is certainly no reason why you should not have a her for longer than you currently do.
You can read more here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
Please ask if you need further details