13262538

claiming money off ex

unsure if right location. I lived with a partner (now ex), for over two years (32 months) ending February 2014. we rented together and planned to pay bills equally, water, electricity, council tax, car insurance, rent. however she only worked part time so didn't have enough so just paid what she could at the time, although not much. do I have any ground to claim from her? as we agreed to pay equal but this did not happen. thanks

What was agreed when she could not pay her half?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
From what I remember she said she would pay it back once she can afford it. She eventually got a full time job towards the end of 2013/2014 but then she moved out a couple of months later. (left the keys at the door and had moved her stuff out while I was at work) we had seperated but still lived together due to unsuitable family situations during this time.
whenever I brought up the subject while we were living together she would avoid it and get defensive. Saying 'it's our money not you're money' even though we had seperated at this particular time.
HI
Did she ever record in writing (email text) that she would repay you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that I recall, might be a text message from a couple of years ago but would take a long time to find it
Did anyone else hear her promises?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that I can confirm no.
Then whilst you can issue a claim against her using Money claim online
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
It is going to be a matter of whether or not the court believes that she did promise to pay you back, or of the Judge decides that it was just an accepted part of a loving relationship that you would each pay what you could
I suspect the second is more likely - but it will depend on the Judge on the day if your ex defends the claim
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I was to take this to court, what evidence would suffice? proof that we lived together? some utility bills were in both our name, Or would a list of bank statements do. Thanks
That will provide evidence of the outgoings.
Your problem is proving that your ex agreed that she would pay half of everything even though she earned so much less