Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my eight year old son has to visit his father once every two

Customer Question

my eight year old son has to visit his father once every two weeks,he always refuses to go and starts to cry and gets very upset but i always manage to get him to go.
This weekend he it is that time again but his fathers brother has been given visitation rights for his child for the first time in years and the family have arranged a party for them.
For this reason my son has been very upset all week and i amstarting to get concerned for his mental health.
I think the reason for this is that he actually hates my ex partners family as they frighten him and noes not see them very often if at all and only goes with his father because I insist.
Is there anything I can do about this weekend visit leagally.
I have tried talking to my ex but he just doesent care about his sons anguish he only cares about his rights.
Have the school raised any concerns?