13262538

Reasonable solicitors costs. Is there a public list as to

Reasonable solicitors costs.
Is there a public list as to what may be considerable costs charged by a solicitors?
For example, we a paying £175 per hour to a firm of solicitors, they determine when they produce an invoice, but the charge £17.50 for producing their invoice.
When we questioned their fees, we were charged further for producing a detailed invoice.
The lead case solicitor went on maternity leave, we were then charged additional fees for the solicitor, a senior solicitor - at an even higher rate - and a clerk to review the file, that we had already paid for of the solicitor who had gone on maternity leave!
Charges like £17.50 to call an expert witness, to tell them a letter will be in the post "so the letter didn't come out of the blue". A further £17.50 to tell the expert their fee had been paid.
I know of no other profession whereby you employ someone at a fixed rate to do a job, and they then charge you for providing an invoice? To rub salt in the wound - the invoices are emailed!
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid it is normal practice to charge for each letter out at one tenth of the hourly rate - and to charge for ALL work done.
However you can challenge the charge for reviewing the file because their staff member has left on maternity leave
Locally that charging rate is on the lower side of average - in London it woudl be a bargain apparently
You can read more about costs here
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/for-the-public/paying-for-legal-services/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details