13262538

Clare Can you advise about client care agreements as

hello Clare
Can you advise about client care agreements as i have spoken to the Solicitor regarding my issue NO WIN NO FEE i did not sign the agreement but had consulted him on the basis of the issue. today i received letters he had written to the parties in this issue without my consent.
Where do i stand. As i had written to him yesterday to ask in the agreement he had not spoken about my insurance liability for counter suing from the parties. He did not respond back but sent the letters to the parties. What is considered a signed agreement is this via email I thought all solicitors did not pursue work unless it was when the client agreement had been returned and signed by myself. What is my position on cancelling if no agreement signed.
They should not have taken action before you had confirmed that you wished them to act - it is bad practice - although many do I am afraid
You need to be firm with the solicitor and point out that you did not authorise the work - and will not pay for it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

I am frightened as although I have not signed the Client care agreement he seems to think a telephone conversation of me saying I was thinking this over is enough. Even at our first consultation "No Win No Fee" when i left not agreeing to no thing he drafted letters to me and a discussion letter of what was spoken about. This was never sent.

The letter addressed to me yesterday read

"Further to our various telephone calls we enclose the following:-

The discussions were on the following what the No Fee care agreement meant, mediation etc.

How can that constitute a signed agreement is a verbal enough to be sanctioned in court. I had emailed him in writing but that was not instructing him to act.

I am confused how a solicitor could do this in my previous meetings with solicitors no one has done anywork until the agreement has been signed and returned. This has not happened.

Can I be liable in costs? If he is charging for advice that is fine but not to go ahead with litigation as the Insurance reason we spoke about he had not advised.

I am afraid I am a target for easy money as my situation seems as you said in my favor.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Clare sorry to bother you again as no signed agreement has been signed i am assuming he is assuming my agreement is this question I asked on email.

I feel I am going to end up paying him to close the matter unscrupulous if he had typed up letters from my first meeting and there was no agreement to follow through.

If he stated his fees was £5000 for cancellation from 2nd April does this constitute a few of 2K to end the agreement as only 2 letters have been written and 3 calls.

As I said you need to simply write and say what I have set out above - as soon as possible