13262538

My daughter is embarking on a divorce. They are currently

My daughter is embarking on a divorce. They are currently still living together as neither can move until they sell and the financials are sorted out. This is not going well. However, what is worrying me is the fact that my daughter is now dating someone - only when parenting and work demands allow her to. Is this a good idea? I'm terrified he husband will find out and try to make out that she is an unfit mother. My view is that she should be whiter than white during this period - advice I was given years ago - but she says it won't make any difference to either the financial out come or the arrangements for looking after her daughter.
I am worrying about this incessantly and I would appreciate knowing what would be best for her.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I understand your concerns - and yes years ago that is what you would have been told - but times have changed and your daughter is indeed allowed to dee other people without it effecting the financial issues or the arrangements regarding her child UNLESS of course her chosen new partner is a known risk to children.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your assurances. However, I was reading on the internet (always dangerous I know) that judges are starting to be less generous on the financial split on the basis that the new boyfriend might be giving support and that they might consider the fact that a woman is spending time with a boyfriend that she is not interested in her child (even when that time spent is during her 'off duty' period of care). Also the boyfriend is kept far away from home and there is little prospect of him being introduced in the short or medium term - and certainly not before she is divorced and has moved out.

But I am really nervous about the whole thing. I'm terrified that my SIL will find out as my daughter has been telling most of her friends.

Also I think my son-in-law is trying to make a case for her being an unfit mother as she can be a bit volatile and he certainly knows how to push her buttons. I have counselled her to try to keep cool and to walk away but it's not in her nature - and worst of it is that my grand daughter has to hear the rows.

Sorry to ramble on but I am concerned.