13262538

I'm getting divorced and my pension is in the US. It can't

I'm getting divorced and my pension is in the US. It can't be split in any way, rolled over or divided to avoid tax.
I will instead provide a lump sum payment to my spouse ( we are both permanently in the UK ) in lieu of any more pension rights. It will be about £150,000. Since I've accumulated this lump sum through my regular pay ( US sourced as well ), I have already paid income tax on it. My ex-wife will want to put it into some kind of fund for her to be able to use in her retirement. Is there a fund she can qualify for that shows that tax has already been paid on the principle amount? She is 43. Will she have to pay taxes again on this amount?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your ex will not have to pay tax on the amount that she receives and can invest it as she wishes