How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34281
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

, I hate receive a divorce petition from my ex husband and

Resolved Question:

Hi, I have received a divorce petition from my ex husband and i agree with the grounds but he has ticked the financial order part including the children part(we only have 1 child who has always lived with me till today).

If I sign the petition because i agree with the divorce will I be agreeing that part of financial order in the same petition? is there a way i can add a note that i agree with the divorce but not the financial part in the same petition? we do not own any property here or abroad but i am afraid he can apply as a low income parent even though I am the one who is living with our child.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Please do not worry - those boxes being ticked do not mean that the financial position is part of the process - it just makes it easier to get a Clean Break Consent Order in the future if you both chose to do so
There is no need to add anything to protect yourself
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you needs further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Does this mean that the financial order will be only be given if he makes a different application other than this divorce petition?

If he applies for financial order will the court notify me or call us in the court before any decision???

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
before any Order is made a further application would have to be filed and there would be numerous hearings before an order is made - unless you both agree
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you