13262538

If I was divorced in Canada and a judgement to pay child

If I was divorced in Canada and a judgement to pay child support to my x-wife for children which are not mine biologically or by adoption or other means; nor did I play a parental role in the time we were together. Now that I am the UK, do I still have to pay this unwarranted child support? What happens if I do not?

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that you remain bound by the Canadian Order and if your ex choses she can apply to enforce the Order here in the UK.
It is not the easiest thing to do - but it is possible and the Uk courts will enforce a Canadian Order if requested to do so
Please ask if you need further details