13262538

My daughter is 16 and lives with her Dad we have joint custody

Customer Question

My daughter is 16 and lives with her Dad we have joint custody she has said she wants to stop seeing me and sent me a solicitors letter telling me she doesn't have to after a disagreement about her college choice, I have a court access agreement from my divorce which her solicitor says is not enforceable because of her age yet I still have to pay maintenance, I want to enforce my access right, what is my position?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but whilst you remain financially liable for your daughter your Contact Order ended when she was 16 and accordingly there is no basis on which she can be made to see you.
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details