13262538

my name is ***** ***** I live in the wigan borough and i'm

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** I live in the wigan borough and i'm looking for a really good family lawer to go over my case work to see what I can do to help me get my children home can you help me
Why were the Care Proceedings issued?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the children where place under section 20 due to accidential injury due to to poor parenting of the children, the social services did an assessment of myself at the time along with a graded assessment the outcome of these where not good, but these where done at the very start of the proceedings and no up to date assessment has been completed since

How old are the children and what has changed in your life since the case ended?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the children are 5 and 6, and the things that have changed are I have a partner to support me and I now have a part time job and I feel that i am at a time in my life where I can coupe the day to day life with the children in it as I dont like them being away from the family home, and it doesn't hep the fact that my son is asking me when can he come home, which has promoted me to move my plans forward to start the proccess to bring them home, If I'm honest I never really wanted them to go into care and I never have give up on the throught of bringing them home.

How much contact do you have with the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

at the moment I see them 6 times a year, the length of time I get is 1 1/2 hours with them at min i have asked for more time with the children but they just keep saying that have to stick with what the courts say

What happened at the last Looked After Child Review?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they just went through how the children were settling in with their new foster carers as they've been moved to carers who meet their needs better, this is was only the second review since the court case finished, their medical needs i.e my daughter attends an eye clinic for a swint in it she might have to go for corrective eye surgery, and how they are in school, the social didn't say much other than he might not be our social worker for long as there is a big restructure going on within their department, I asked if I could have more time than an Hour and a half as i feel that this not long enough for me and the children to do anything in and I was told they have to follow what the courts says and because the court order states an hour and a half thats all i can have, I just feel that all the way along they've not listened to me or the children all they've been bothered about is seperating us, as this is all due to an accident and me being an idiot, as i first became involved with social services after i left there dad incharge of them for 10mins or so and my son got out of the house and was found at tesco's in hindley. I know this is something i would never do again as I wish the authorities to oversee his contact as i dont want nothing to do with him anymore.

You are entitled to apply for more contact with the children - and indeed to apply for the right for then to be returned to your care
Given the limit contact you have had to date I would suggest applying to increase the Contact first - but that you also notify the Local Authority that you intend to apply for the Care order to be discharged and the children returned to your care
The application for variation of the Contact Order is here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/a054-eng.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
C;are
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for the application can you recommend a good solicitor whos lives near me for me to go and get help with the process please

You can find a good local solicitor on the website
www.resolution.org.uk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks i'll try their

I hope all goes well for you