Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I was married in Scotland and live there. I've lived apart

I was married in Scotland and live there. I've lived apart from my wife for over 5 years now, can I get a quickie divorce?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If you have no children under the age of 16 and there are no financial claims outstanding you can get a quickie divorce by filling in the relevant form and taking it to court with your marriage certificate and paying the current fee.
You can get the form here:
http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/rules-and-practice/forms/sheriff-court-forms/simplified-divorce-and-simplified-dissolution-of-civil-partnership-forms/form-spb---simplified-divorce-2-year-separation.doc?sfvrsn=12
If you have children under 16 or there are financial issues to be resolved you will have to use the ordinary divorce procedure and should see a solicitor.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** my mind at ease. There are no kids and I had already signed the family home over to my wife.