Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My husband is 74 & I am 47. He has one daughter from a previous

Customer Question

My husband is 74 & I am 47. He has one daughter from a previous marriage who is 3 years younger than myself. We have been married for 18 years. He has always been a controlling and verbally abusive man and is obsessed about money. He had recently been diagnosed with very early dementia. He has a large amount of money received recently from a land sale. His daughter has persuaded him to hide his money from me and has suggested he sign an LPA to her and his x wife. He could use the money to help me to finish work, which he had suggested but the daughter has persuaded him not to. I am worried as his wife I will end up being his carer, but will have no financial control over our lives. I work part time 2 days a week. Do I have any legal rights in a situation like this as his wife of 18 years. Regards Sarah
Who owns the current matrimonial home?
What other assets are there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. We own the home as joint tenants. I have £60K in a bank account in my own name, my husband has around £800K in bank accounts in his own name, which £200K needs to be paid in CGT by 31/1/16 and he is hiding this money from me with his daughters help. Thank you for your help Sarah

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
May I ask - d you wish this marriage to continue?