Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I want a divorce. how do i choose a lawyer to help me?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You need a lawyer who is experienced in family law. That is the first point. Often in choosing a lawyer it can be helpful to choose a lawyer recommended by someone who has gone through a similar situation and used that lawyer with some confidence and success.
If you don't know anyone like that then you should contact the Law Society for a recommendation for someone in your area who has a reputation as being a good lawyer in the law of divorce. The Law Society contact details are available online. There is also a Find a Solicitor tool on the website that may help.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.