13262538

I have recently got a child arrangement order stating that

Customer Question

I have recently got a child arrangement order stating that the child lives with me and outlining the contact arrangements for the child to see her father over a rolling 4 week rota for the weekends. what i am unsure of is what the restrictions are regards ***** ***** child on holiday if it would interfere with fathers contact times on the weekends (example, a 10 night holiday abroad) can i go ahead without written permission from father or do i need written permission as it would be going against the court order. In the order it does state "This contact may be varied by consent of both parties".
If the father refused to return daughter to her home with me, do the police have any powers to get involved?
Am i allowed to relocate to Scotland without permission from the father or the courts?
AM
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am happy to wait a little bit longer if you feel you are able to assist me.

AM

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please close my question and give me a refund please.

Am

Thank you for your question and my apologies for the delay
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
If the Order specifically states that the child will reside with you then you can take the child abroad for up to 28 days at a time without obtaining the consent of the father
However if this means that he will miss contact then you will have to offer alternative dates instead
Since you have a court Order if your ex refuses to return the child at the end of Contact then the Police MAY be willing to assist you in recovering the child - if not then you can make an urgent application as soon as the Courts are open for an Order which means that the Police MUST help you.
You cannot relocate to Scotland without the agreement of the father or an Order from the Court.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help, with regards ***** ***** the court order was ended how would I stand then about moving?

AM

I am afraid that the position on the Relocation issue remains the same whether or not there is a Court Order in place
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would it be possible to relocate somewhere in England without permission?

AM

That is possible but you woudl have to maintain the contact arrangements at your cost - or offer better contact and take responsibility for the travelling