13262538

i have just been contacted by a 22 year old young woman who

Customer Question

i have just been contacted by a 22 year old young woman who i believe to be my daughter but will get DNA tests completed. I have not seen her since she was 6 months old and her mother has remarried twice since her birth. I have received nothing from CSA. It was a one night stand and was contacted 3 months after that by her mother to tell me she was pregnant by me. I did the right thing, was at the birth, am on the birth certificate as her father, but the relationship with her mother went awry after 6 months or so and i left. Is there a case for backdates CSA payments? Your help and advice is much appreciated.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can the CSA backdate a claim 22 years? I have had no contact from them at all, or from the potential mother
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can the CSA backdate a claim 22 years? I have had no contact from them or the potential mother

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need to know if the CSA can backdate a claim 22 years, I have had no contact from them or the potential mother.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When can I expect an answer??

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time but most questions are answered in a timely manner.
Thank you for your question and my apologies for the delay.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There is no basis on which there can be a backdated claim for maintenance.
If no CSA application was ever made then it cannot now happen
However do remember that if you have not made a Will then this child will potentially inherit a share of your estate.
Please ask if you need further details