13262538

Of my adultery, my wife and myself want to to divorce. Wife

Customer Question

For reasons of my adultery, my wife and myself want to to divorce.
Wife is Dutch and lives in Holland.
I am British but have not resided in UK for 30 years except for 2 weeks in order to marry.
What is the simplest, cheapest way for us to divorce, please?
Where so you reside?
What links do you still have in the Uk?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only credit cards, a bank account, grown up children and a sister, who's address I use for bank, post etc. are linked to UK.

I visit for about 4 or 5 weekends per year usually.

As I mentioned, we needed to reside in a hotel for 2 weeks before we could marry in UK - is there was a similar arrangement to divorce?

I am not officially resident anywhere unless I work there for a long time and need to register.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was registered as residing (and working in Nigeria until March 31st where I've just finished working but am in Holland for a few weeks so I am not registered as living anywhere until I find work.

My only links in UK are visiting family for 4 or 5 weekends per year and using my sister's address for mail, bank etc.

My apologies for the delay - I was unexpectedly offline.

Where do you anticipate going next?

How long were you in Nigeria

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I expect to go back to Nigeria

You could struggle to obtain a divorce here in the UK given the fact that you have no strong links here and your wife lives in the Netherlands
However you can argue that your "Domicile" is still the Uk in so far as you have no home anywhere else.
On that basis, and assuming that your wife will not challenge it, you could issue proceedings in England and Wales using your Uk address. (your sister's)
You can read more here
http://www.family-lawfirm.co.uk/how-we-help/international-expat-divorce
Please ask if you need further details