13262538

My husband has left home after an affair that has been on and

Customer Question

My husband has left home after an affair that has been on and off for two years, we have tried counselling and now for the third time he has been deceiving me to see her again. What are my rights, can I change the locks, remove his belongings from the house ,Tec?
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved.
Who owns the property, how much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have lived together for 21 years, married for 13, no children, house in my name, worth approx £150k, mortgage balance approx £100k

How much do you each earn?
Have you discussed the possible financial settlement at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I earn £34000 per annum, mal £7/he on a 20-30/week contract & nothing discussed as yet

I am afraid that your husband has Matrimonial Home Rights on the property - which includes the right to return there whenever he wishes (provided he is not violent of course)
I am afraid that the only reason you could change the locks would be if you lost your keys.
The best way forward would be to try and discuss the possible settlement using Family Mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details