UKfamsol
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994
40487810

Divorce: My wife and I have received our decree nisi and we

Divorce: My wife and I have received our decree nisi and we have drawn up a document ourselves which identifies every asset we have and what we intend to do with it when our marriage ends. We are in complete agreement so is it possible for us to submit that document to the court with our Form A and make an application to the the Judge for a Consent Order based on its content without having used solicitors or mediators?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nicola.
I'm happy to wait for you to find someone who will be able to answer my question.
Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue to search.

Pete Gartrell

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

It's great that you and your wife have reached agreement on all financial and property matters associataed with your divorce.

However, I'm afarid the court will not make an order based on the document that you and your wife have prepared. A solicitor needs to prepare a draft consent order using the correct formal legal terminology and certain required clauses.The court will not do this work for you.

I recommend that you contact some specialist family law solicitors local to you to compare their charges, and then pick one to work with. Here's where to find one:

http://www.resolution.org.uk/findamember/

I know this was probably not the answer you wanted - but it will save you time getting the draft order properly drawn up, rather than having the document that you and your wife have prepared be rejected by the court and returned to you, which I think you would find very frustrating.

If you are in agreement, you are exepmpt from the usual family court requirement that you attempt mediation, but you will need a solicitor, as stated above.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks and best wishes...
UKfamsol, Family Solicitor
Experience: Very experienced specialist family law solicitor, qualifed in 1994